Silvestras4 min read New Features & Updates August 6, 2015

Reach more subscribers with new Auto Resend feature

Reach more subscribers with new Auto Resend feature

If you are new to email marketing, you might be worried when you see that your newsletter campaigns have an average open rate of 20%. Well, you think, 20%…. what about the other 80%?

Keep calm, we have written a post about Email Marketing benchmarks to get you on track in terms of how good you are doing considering your open rate. So if your open rates are 30% – 40% you may think that you are awesome. That is true, however, it is also true that 50%+ people are not opening your campaigns!

With this in mind, we are happy to present a new feature that will enable you to reach your subscribers like never before! We call it “Auto Resend”, but you can call it “The Extra Opener” or “The Follower“.

When should I use it?

There could be many reasons why a subscriber didn’t open your newsletter – maybe he spent all day in a business meeting, or maybe on a beach? He could also happen to be sick, away with family or maybe your subject line just didn’t grab the attention.

Whatever the case might be, Auto Resend feature gives your subscriber a second chance to open the newsletter.

This feature can be used for VIP campaigns that just cannot pass unnoticed by your readers.

What are the benefits?

It could increase your sales – our practice has shown that resending an email can increase the open rate of your campaign by extra 30%. Say, you sent a campaign to 10,000 subscribers and 2000 have opened. Sending the same email to those who didn’t open the first one can add an extra 600 new opens.

It saves time – you don’t have to manually pull the non-opener reports and save them to a new group, and remember to think up new subject lines.

How it works?

Auto Resend campaign can be created in the same way as a regular campaign. Click on “Create New Campaign” and select the Auto Resend.

how auto resend feature works mailerlite

In the first step you can choose what you want to change in the resend campaign:

  • Only email subject, content stays the same – this one is the easiest option.
  • Email subject and personal message – you can change the subject and also add a text message on top of the copy of the first email. This one is really effective! You can write a message like “…I’m just forwarding you this email as you might have missed it…”. It can look really personal and encourage your subscribers to read the content.
  • Email subject and email content – change not only the subject but also the content. This can be useful if you are informing subscribers about the duration of an event (e.g. Only 3 days left to…).

Select which subscribers will receive the Auto Resend campaign – those that did not open the first email or those that did not click on a single link.

how auto resend feature works mailerlite #2

Finally, you need to specify the time when the second email will be sent. We recommend sending the second email at least 24 hours after the first email was sent.

how auto resend feature works mailerlite #3

Finally, you need to specify the time when the second email will be sent. We recommend sending the second email at least 24 hours after the first email was sent.

how auto resend feature works mailerlite #4

We look forward to hearing from you about the increase in your open rates using this feature!

Good Luck and Happy Mailing!

P.S.

If you want to optimize auto resend to full potential, use a clever personal message. Read how to do that.