20 Awesome Quotes about Email Marketing
- Average conversion rates are meaningless. Switzerland on average is flat. Chris Goward @chrisgoward (tweet the quote)
- Marketing is like sex: everyone thinks they’re good at it.
Steve Tobak @SteveTobak (tweet the quote)
- Perhaps not surprisingly, cash is still the #1 driver for consumers to share their information. Jordie van Rijn @jvanrijn (tweet the quote)
- A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed. Ramsay Leimenstoll @gluedtoapost (tweet the quote)
- Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale. David Newman @dnewman (tweet the quote)
- People need stories more than bread itself. They tell us how to live, and why. Arabian Nights (tweet the quote)
- Don’t use big words, they mean so little. Oscar Wilde (tweet the quote)
- Start testing and stop arguing. Jon Correll (tweet the quote)
- Why waste a sentence saying nothing? Seth Godin @ThisIsSethsBlog (tweet the quote)
- That which is measured improves. Karl Pearson @bigboxcar (tweet the quote)
- Done is better than perfect. Facebook (tweet the quote)
- Signing up is a powerful signal of intent to buy. Send them email until they do. Jordie van Rijn @jvanrinj (tweet the quote)
- Treat your subject line like the movie trailer – give a preview so they know what to expect. (tweet the quote)
- Make the customer the hero of your story. Ann Handley @annhandley (tweet the quote)
- Focus on growing your list all of the time as newer subscribers are more engaged adding to healthier open rates and ROI. Karl Murray @karl_murray (tweet the quote)
- Don’t continue to do what you’ve always done just because it’s easy to do! Ian Minnis (tweet the quote)
- Personalisation – it is not about first/last name. It’s about relevant content.Dan Jak @dan_design (tweet the quote)
- Quality over quantity – Emails may best cost efficient but it’s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience. Benjamin Murray @bmurray (tweet the quote)
- Open, click and unsubscribe rates are pretty poor measures for email engagement. Jordie van Rijn @jvanrijn (tweet the quote)
P.S. Yes, there’s only 19 quotes in the list.
You are welcome to add yours in the comments. We will include them on our PINTEREST board of email marketing quotes!