This article is meant for those who already successfully registered a domain with IONOS by 1&1.
Note: It is not necessary to have a website attached to your domain, but you will need to have an email address that uses that domain, as this will be ideal for sending. If your domain is example.com, your email may look something like email@example.com
Does MailerLite provide an email address?
It is not currently an option to purchase an email address or host a domain in MailerLite. To connect a domain and matching email address for sending, they will first need to be set up with a hosting provider.
Some trustworthy hosting providers are Godaddy, Cloudflare, and Bluehost. For an email address, we highly recommend using Google Workspace, which allows you to create an email address with your own domain.
Head to the Account settings page and click the Domains tab.
Under Sending domains, click Add domain.
Enter an email address that includes your paid domain, which will be used to send campaigns. Click Save.
4. Check your inbox for the verification email and follow the steps to verify the email address.
Note: If you haven’t received a verification email from us, use the resend feature or contact our Support team for additional assistance.
5. Once the domain has been added, click on the Authenticate button. A window will appear containing Name and Value fields your DKIM and SPF records. Copy these fields and keep this page open.
Log in to your IONOS account and select the option Domains & SSL.
2. Search for your domain and under Actions click on DNS.
Click Add record.
2. Select the option CNAME.
If you are using the Classic MailerLite, instructions for adding the DKIM record can be found here.
3. In the Host Name section, enter the value that is above the record value. It will look like litesrv._domainkey.yourdomain.com - however the exact value can be found in your MailerLite account under Account Settings > Domains > Authenticate or by simply clicking here.
4. In the Points to section, add the value located in the text box which can be copied directly from MailerLite.
5. Click Save.
Click again on Add record.
Select the option SPF(TXT).
3. In the Host name field, enter @.
4. In the Value field, paste the SPF value that is shown in your MailerLite account.
5. Click Save.
For solutions to common issues, check our guide Troubleshooting: Domain authentication.
If you have any questions, contact our friendly support team and we will gladly assist you.
Please note: While we’re happy to help with any issues taking place on our end, our expertise may be limited when it comes to third party apps since we cannot access your accounts with those tools, even if they are connected to your MailerLite account. This limits the support we can offer, so we encourage reaching out directly to the support team of those third-party tools for better assistance.
In this case, IONOS support page can be found here.