This article is meant for those who already successfully registered a domain with Cloudflare.
1. Head to the Account settings page and click the Domains tab.
2. Under Sending domains, click Add domain.
3. Enter an email address that includes your paid domain, which will be used to send campaigns.
4. Click Save.
Note: It is not necessary to have a website attached to your domain, but you will need to have an email address that uses that domain, as this will be ideal for sending. If your domain is example.com, your email may look something like email@example.com
Does MailerLite provide an email address?
It is not currently an option to purchase an email address or host a domain in MailerLite. To connect a domain and matching email address for sending, they will first need to be set up with a hosting provider.
Some trustworthy hosting providers are Godaddy, Cloudflare, and Bluehost. For an email address, we highly recommend using Squarespace Domains, which allows you to create an email address with your own domain.
5. Check your inbox for the verification email and follow the steps to verify the email address.
6. Once the domain has been added, click on the Authenticate button. A window will appear containing Name and Value fields your DKIM and SPF records. Copy these fields and keep this page open.
Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard and select an account and domain.
Choose the domain you wish to authenticate.
Click the DNS tab.
Click + Add record.
Select the type as CNAME.
In the Name field, paste the DKIM name from your MailerLite account. Remove your domain name, as Cloudflare will add this for you.
In the Target box, paste the DKIM value from your MailerLite account.
Toggle the Proxy status OFF. Make sure that MailerLite records are set to “DNS only” and NOT “proxied” as they will only be accepted by MailerLite if they are set to DNS only.
Click + Add record again.
Choose TXT for the record type.
In the Name field, enter
In the Content box, paste the SPF Value from your MailerLite account.
Head back to your MailerLite Domains page and click on the green Check DNS records button on the domain authentication window. Once both records are approved, your new domain will be displayed as Authenticated ✅.
🛠️ Need help? For solutions to common issues, check our guide Troubleshooting: Domain authentication.