There are 5 ways you can retarget subscribers with your campaigns:
1. Using our auto resend feature, a campaign will automatically be re-sent to your subscribers if they have not opened the first email, or if they have not clicked a link in your first email.
To create an auto-resend campaign, head to the Campaigns page and click Create campaign. Give it a name and choose Auto resend. From there, you can choose the type of auto resend campaign you’d like to use.
There are a few choices:
In the first method, the second email will look exactly like the first one and only the subject line is changed. You’ll enter both subject lines underneath.
The second method allows you to change the subject line as well as add a personal message to the second email. It will look like the second email has been forwarded personally from you. The original content from the first email will appear under your personal message. You’ll be able to write your personal message right after you finish editing your first email.
The third method allows you to change the subject lines and both emails.
2. Go to the Campaigns page and choose the campaign you wish to target by clicking View Report. Go to Subscriber’s activity. Using the dropdown menu, select whether you would like to target those who have already opened your campaign, those who have clicked, or another metric. Then, click Actions and Copy to group. Now, you can send your new campaign directly to this group.
3. Go to Subscribers, choose a filter, go to Campaigns, click "was opened" and select the campaign of your choice. Then add a condition that says Campaigns "was not clicked" and select the same campaign. Save the segment, and give it a name.
4. Create a new campaign like you're used to. Once you've created your newsletter and landed in the Recipients step, navigate to Advanced. Click "Campaigns" "was opened" and the campaign of your choice. Then add another condition saying "Campaigns" "was not clicked.” Then continue as usual. This is the quickest method to retarget subscribers.
5. Go to the Automations page, and choose to create a new automation or edit an existing workflow. Create an email step, then add a delay step directly after to give your subscribers time to interact with the campaign. After the delay, add a condition step. Choose campaign activity, select the campaign, and choose ‘was opened with no links clicked’. From here, you can add another email to the green path to retarget the subscribers who meet the condition and did not click on any links.
For more information on how to use automation steps, see our guide.
There are 3 ways you can retarget subscribers with a newsletter.
1. Go to Campaigns, choose the campaign you want to retarget and click View report. Click on the tab Activity and navigate to the group of subscribers you want to target, for example subscribers that didn't open the email. Click on the green button next to Show and select Unopened. Click Actions, then Copy to group, give the group a name and click Copy. You can also select an already existing group. This will create a new group with all subscribers that didn't open that particular email. You can then create a new newsletter (or copy one) and use the group as the recipients.
2. Go to Subscribers, choose a filter, go to Campaigns, click "was sent" and "was not opened." Then click any campaign and select the campaign of your choice. Then add a condition that says "Groups" "belongs to" and select your group. Then save the segment and give it a name.
3. Create a new campaign like you're used to. Once you've created your newsletter and landed in the Recipients step, navigate to Advanced. Click "Campaigns" "was not opened" and the campaign of your choice. Then add another condition saying "Group" "belongs to" and the group you've sent that particular campaign to earlier. Then continue as usual. This is the quickest method to retarget subscribers.