Connect your MailerLite account with BigCommerce to automatically add your customers as MailerLite subscribers. By installing the integration, you’ll also have access to additional e-commerce features such as abandoned cart email automations, and much more.
Log in to your BigCommerce admin dashboard.
Go to Apps > Marketplace.
3. Click the button to be taken to bigcommerce.com/apps.
4. Search and find MailerLite Email Automation.
5. Click to open the app page, and select Get this app.
6. Choose to add this app to an existing BigCommerce shop, or create a new one.
7. If you choose an existing store, you will be redirected back to the Apps page. Click Install.
8. Click Confirm to allow MailerLite access to your BigCommerce store.
9. Connect and authorize your MailerLite account by clicking Connect.
10. Log in to the MailerLite account that you wish to connect to BigCommerce. Click Authorize.
If the connection is successful, you will be redirected back to BigCommerce. Here, you can select a MailerLite group to sync your BigCommerce customers by clicking Select next to the chosen group. Only one group can be selected, but it can be changed at any time.
2. Choose to sync all BigCommerce customers, or just those who have accepted marketing permissions.
Only customers who agree to receive marketing can trigger e-commerce automations.
That’s it! Your data from BigCommerce will start importing to MailerLite. Once it is complete, you can find your BigCommerce customers in the group you selected, see your e-commerce data from the Dashboard in your Mailerlite account and new automation options for your customers.
Here are four features within the MailerLite-BigCommerce integration that will help you level up your email marketing and track its success.
1. Data synchronization and sales tracking
When you sync your BigCommerce customers with MailerLite, all their data is synced with them including their name, email address, and order information. This information is added to your subscriber Fields. You can then create segments using your subscriber fields.
You can also track the sales made through your campaigns in order to measure the success of your email marketing.
To track the sales made through your campaigns:
Navigate to the Campaigns page.
Click the Sent tab.
Find the campaign you wish to track and click View report.
Click the E-commerce tab.
Here you can find the number of orders made via that campaign, the total revenue generated, and the percentage of readers that converted into sales.
Note: You may find that the Total revenue does not match the number in your BigCommerce total spent field. This is because Total revenue only refers to the revenue generated from your MailerLite campaigns. After a subscriber clicks a link in your e-commerce campaign, any order placed by that subscriber in the next 30 days will be counted as email revenue. Your BigCommerce total spent field includes all purchases, including those not made through MailerLite.
2. Product blocks in your newsletters, landing pages, and websites
Save time drafting your newsletters and websites by using our e-commerce product blocks. Product blocks automatically import images, descriptions, and prices of your products and link directly to your Prestashop store.
To add a product block to your newsletters:
Open your campaign in the Drag & drop editor.
In the left-hand sidebar, locate the E-commerce blocks.
Drag and drop your preferred product block into your newsletter.
4. Click the product block to select it.
5. In the right-hand sidebar, click Add products from your store.
6. A window will appear in which you can select the products you wish to display.
7. Click Insert once you have selected your product.
8. If you wish to edit the information displayed in your product block, click the product block to select it. Then, in the sidebar, click the pencil icon next to your product. Here, you can edit the image, product name, URL, price, and CTA button.
Product blocks for landing pages and websites can be found directly in the site editor. Locate the Products block in the Blocks section under Products and Subscriptions.
3. E-Commerce automation triggers
These triggers include:
Purchases any product
Purchases specific product
Purchases from category
Note: In order for a purchase to trigger a workflow, the order status must be "Payment Accepted".
4. Abandoned cart emails
By creating an automation with the trigger Abandoned cart, you can create responsive emails that send automatically after a subscriber has abandoned their cart.
Abandoned cart emails can be triggered in various ways in your PrestaShop store:
Registered and logged in customer - When a customer logs in to your store and adds a product to the cart, they can be triggered immediately if their email address is already on your MailerLite subscriber list.
Existing subscriber - If a customer on your subscriber list fulfills an order form and enters their email address, they can be triggered immediately without continuing to the next step.
First-time buyer - A first-time buyer can be triggered after they provide contact information during the checkout process, or if the buyer subscribes to your email marketing by ticking the checkbox. In this case, the entered email address is added immediately to your MailerLite subscriber list and they are eligible immediately to trigger abandoned cart automation emails. If a first-time customer fails to enter their email address before they abandon the checkout, nor are they on your subscriber list, then they will be unable to trigger an abandoned cart automation
For a simple and effective design, check out the Abandoned cart e-commerce automation template!
Note: Unsubscribed subscribers can’t trigger abandoned cart automations. You can only send abandoned cart emails to shoppers who are on your MailerLite subscriber list.
For everything you need to know about abandoned cart emails, including step by step set up instructions, take a look at our article on How to create an abandoned cart automation.